Roberts Lawyers, Family Lawyers Cairns can provide assistance for a range of matters relating to family law and de facto relationships. We recognise that when a client is confronted by a family law issue, this can be a stressful time. As experienced family lawyers, we use every effort to ensure that our clients feel at ease and can talk freely about their legal matter.
In an area of law where no case is the same, it is important to have the benefit of experience on your side. Principal Solicitor Stephen Roberts has practiced extensively in the area of Family Law since qualifying as a solicitor in 1991. He is a member of the Family Law Council of Australia and is also a preferred supplier of Family Law services in Queensland.
Stephen believes in a “down to earth” approach to Law and recognises that for many clients, this may be their first contact with a Solicitor. An experienced advocate, Stephen regularly appears in the Cairns Family Law Courts at hearings and conferences. Stephen also has substantial experience and success in negotiating outcomes through mediation or correspondence when the drawing up of a Parenting Plan, Consent Order or Financial Agreement can often resolve issues.
Family Law is a sensitive area that addresses three of the most important concerns – your children, your property and your future. There are various ways of resolving Family Law matters and through careful discussions with our clients we ensure that the right approach is taken – thus maximising prospects of a successful and cost effective outcome.
As Cairns Solicitors with an expertise in Family Law we offer advice in the following areas;
• Divorce & separation
– Our family lawyers can assist in providing an overview of the relevant Law and your options.
• Child issues including:
– negotiating parenting agreements and orders,
– initiating proceedings in the Family Court and Federal Magistrates Court
– recovery order / relocation / contravention applications
– interim hearings / trials
• Division of Property and Assets (Married or De Facto) including:
– Binding Financial Agreements (before, during and after relationship)
– negotiation and mediation
– Initiating Court Proceedings
– Property Conferences and Hearings
Whether you are looking for initial advice or ongoing representation in Family Law matters we are ready to assist with expertise and support.
» Arrange a consultation with Roberts Lawyers in Cairns and talk with an experienced Family Lawyer, Principal Solicitor, Stephen Roberts.
» To view our blog – Family Law Cairns, click here